Institute of Oriental Medicine
Certificate of Consotherapy Oncology Therapist ( COT)
· It Has been approved as a formal academic education program by the California BPPE.
Every acupuncturist or Chinese medicine clinician inevitably has cancer patient consultation. How to use acupuncture, herbal medicine, diet therapy and other therapies as a treatment aid for Western medicine oncology to give correct help to cancer patients?
The main teacher of this course, Dr. Jeffrey ZhongxueMah,PhD, LAc, as early as 1986, his doctoral thesis was to use Chinese medicine to help precancerous lesions. Since then, his main clinical direction is the Chinese medicine oncology. He believes that a single Chinese medicine method is difficult to help cancer patients more effectively. For this reason, he proposed to combine multiple therapies to help cancer patients, that is, consotherapy(consolidated therapy).
Through more than 30 years of clinical practice, consotherapy has been continuously improved and perfected, and it has been reported in many international academic conferences and some universites. It has also been used as a continuing education course in the United States very early.
The qualifications to participate in this course are:
1. Participants in the United States must have an acupuncture license, which must be provided with a copy of the license during the validity period;
2. Participants from other regions must have local legal medical qualifications and must provide a copy when registering;
3. Western medical practitioners can participate;
4. Participants must meet any of the above conditions.
1. The quiz pass score for each class is above 70% of the total score.
2. After completing all 10 lessons, you need to submit an academic paper within 15 days, requesting:
1) The topic selection should be closely linked to any content of the course;
2) The content must be original without any plagiarism. Chinese characters require 1500 words or less
Above, English requires characters 2000-3000 or above.
3) The paper has three opportunities to be revised, 15 days each time, starting from the date of notification after the teacher reviews.
4) For the specific format and requirements of the paper, there will be additional special data for students.
5) The paper is graded on a 100-point scale, with a score of 60 or more passing, accounting for 30% of the total score
3. Those who meet the above two requirements are qualified to obtain the certificate of Oriental Medicine Oncology Therapist ( OMOT) by the Institute of Oriental Medicine
Course Arrangement: A total of 10 lessons, each lesson 5 hours. The main content of each lesson is:
The course involves discussion of the Western medicine modalities used in cancer treatment, and the complications of malignancy, treatment side-effects, pain management and ways in helping patients who are living with cancer. It also provides a foundation in comprehensive care for oncology patients in a TCM practice. Based on it, the course introduces what the consotherapy is. The consotherapy is an evidence-based system of TCM oncology diagnosis and therapy to support cancer patients.
This course provides a foundation in comprehensive care for oncology patients in a TCM practice. Consotherapy is based on TCM principles. Thus the course will be based on TCM diagnosis and patterns.
This course analyzes the evidence-basedconsotherapy diagnosis system of TCM oncology from 1000 cases of cancer patients
This course analyzes the evidence-basedconsotherapytreatment principle system of TCM oncology from 1000 cases of cancer patients
Consotherapy includes eight major therapies. This course covers the two major therapies: herbal dietary therapy and herbal external therapy.
Consotherapy includes eight major therapies. This course covers the four major therapies: acupuncture therapies, acupressure therapy, tendon exercise therapy, and emotional therapies.
This course discusses the clinical practice of consotherapy oncology in chemo, radiation, and surgery. It also discusses the case analysis of various cancers by consotherapy (part One).
This course continues to discussthe case analysis of various cancers by consotherapy (part two).
This course analyses the distance service of consotherapy in order to support more cancer patients. This course will arrange students to write graduation paper (to be returned within 15 days)
1. Registration: provide a personal resume, a copy of acupuncture license or a copy of other legal medical certificate; pay the relevant fees.
2. After receiving the admission notice of the college, pay the tuition fee and start the course selection on the specified date. The course must be selected in the order of the course.
3. Before each lesson, the teacher will provide a quiz multiple-choice test paper, a total of 10 questions, covering the main academic views of the course. On the day or after the end of the course, students need to return the test paper, the teacher quickly score Those who pass the course can enter the next lesson. If there is no passer, there is a free listening opportunity.
There are no chapters in the current course
There are no exams for the current course
IOM Distance Course 3